[asterisk-users] dial in group

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sun Nov 25 03:14:37 CST 2007

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, Rilawich Ango wrote:

> It works if it specified the port exactly plugged to PSTN.  I want to
> clarify the dial command here.
>
> Dial(zap/g1/1234567)
>
> It will try channel 1, if it is busy, congested then it will try
> channel 2 and so on, right?

Yes.

> I wonder if I don't plug the PSTN to channel 1, there should not be a
> dial tone on it.  Why it still try channel 1 and make call using it?

Because asterisk can't tell if an analogue line is plugged in or not. To
get a dial-tone, it would have to activate the line (ie. "lift the
handset") and it's not going to do that. It's relying on the channel
instruction in the zapata.conf file to tell it what lines are really live,
so get them right and everything else will "just work".

Gordon

> On Nov 25, 2007 5:00 AM, Gordon Henderson <gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 24 Nov 2007, Rilawich Ango wrote:
>>
>>> I have a TDM400 with all FXO module in it. Only one channel (say
>>> channel 3) is plugged to PSTN. In my understand, a dial command
>>> Dial(zap/g1/12345677) should search an available channel, which is 3,
>>> in group 1 to make a call. However, I found that it will still use
>>> channel 1 to make call even it hasn't plugged to the PSTN. Below are
>>> the conf files.
>>>
>>> --zapata.conf--
>>> group=1
>>> signalling=fxs_ks