[asterisk-users] Digium and Asterisk

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 05:57:55 CST 2007

Michael J. Liberatore wrote:
> There are many reasons to buy digium cards, mainly digiums owner
> creating asterisk and all.  so when i asked myself your question when
> starting with * i bought them.  well, i myself have had bad luck with
> their products,2 failed out of warranty, and the others have bad echo
> and random weird problems.
>
> i myself switched to sangoma and have had much better success.  they are
> even more than digium cards but work great.  oh and dont even waste your
> time and money, get echo cancellation on any fxo cards, its the only way
> to make sure you get good sound quality.
>
> -mike

I just want to add - for the poor amongst us, that if you use the OSLEC
echo canceller with cheap x100p and (from what others have said) other
analogue cards, you get excellent echo cancellation.

On my cheap card, echo was terrible with the standard EC in the zaptel
package. Using OSLEC instead, the echo disappeared. Completely.

Al

--
The way out is open!
http://www.theopensourcerer.com