[asterisk-users] Asterisk+HylaFAX+SpanDSP+IAXmodem tutorial.

GNUbie gnubie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 20:38:04 CST 2007

Hello Alex,

On Nov 24, 2007 8:06 AM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> If you get a chance and take a look, I would appreciate it.

First of all, thank you for sharing your experiences on how you setup
Fax to E-Mail.

I am currently trying to figure out on how to setup an inter-Asterisk
faxing on my local test bed.  Once this will be proven reliable, this
will soon be setup to connect two Asterisk v1.4.x PBX over the
Internet. Basically, I want the users on both ends to send and receive
fax the way it was using a regular analog fax machine. The users don't
need to know that they are faxing over the Internet. The diagram of
what I want to accomplish is illustrated below.

      +-------- IAX2 --------+
      |                      |
      |                      |
      v                      v
 [Asterisk A]           [Asterisk B]
      ^                      ^
      |                      |
      |                      |
      v                      v
     FXS                    FXS
      ^                      ^
      |                      |
      |                      |
      v                      v
[Analog Fax A]         [Analog Fax B]

As you can see, the two regular fax machines are connected to the FXS
port of the Digium TDM400 Dev Kit for each Asterisk v1.4.x PBX and
these two PBX are connected via IAX2. My questions are the following:

[1] Do I still need HylaFax for this kind of setup?
[2] How will I configure the Asterisk configuration files (iax.conf,
zapata.conf and extensions.conf) in such a way that /dev/ttyIAX is
actually the Zap/4?

Any advice you can share on how I can properly accomplish my
objective? I am attaching my Asterisk v1.4.13 configuration files for
your reference on what I'm doing on my local test bed.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

GNUbie