[asterisk-users] [1.4 - Record] How to tell if user did leave a msg?

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Fri Nov 23 10:10:20 CST 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:45:35 -0500, "Baji Panchumarti"
<baji.panchumarti at gmail.com> wrote:
> STAT() and record() are doing exactly what they are
> supposed to. Use the "s" flag to fetch the file size. You
> have to try a few hangups and figure out a minimum
> file size that qualifies as a recording in your setup.

Mmmm, that's what I feared :-/ It'd be real useful if Record() handled
this itself. Answering machines are able to tell that a user either
hung up while it was still playing the message (detects the BUSY
signal) or didn't say anything (silence for a couple of seconds
followed by BUSY).

I'll see if I can come up with something. Thanks.