[asterisk-users] quality after call transfer

F6HQZ f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net
Thu Nov 22 13:00:20 CST 2007

Hi,

I suspect that you are "transcoding", meaning that the call is comming in a
specific codec format, and the second phone uses another codec. So, when you
do your tranfert, Asterisk is in the middle and is coding from the original
to your phone with two different codecs. If you are passing from G711 to
GSM, for example, it's normal that the audio quality is worst.

Best Regards,
Francois BERGERET