[asterisk-users] Softphone to be installed on the Mobile

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Wed Nov 21 15:45:32 CST 2007

On 11/21/07, Arun Kumar <arunvoip at gmail.com> wrote:
> try to use http://www.fring.com/download/

I installed out of curiosity today, and guess what? You can do SIP
over 3G (and probably wifi if you got it), plus the most unbelievable
thing - you can talk and chat over Skype.. Even on Symbian S60.. (i
wonder if they reverse-engineered the protocol, or bought it from
somebody)

Just two disatvantages - half-second lag even over 3G (maybe my
provider is too slow), and that the battery of my N70 got drained over
half-day.. guess i just have to buy second charger for work, but this
really rocks :)

Regards,
Atis