[asterisk-users] Pass CallerID when call forwards to PSTN?

Russell Horn albanach at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 08:50:06 CST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 5:06 AM, Dovid B <asteriskusers at dovid.net> wrote:
> From what I have seen in the past asterisk should pass along the CID
> automatically. As some one else already mentioned. It can be your ITSP. You
> can always set the CID with Set(CALLERID(num)=1234567890).

Asterisk does pass the caller ID for the internal calls, but for the
external ones, my default outbound CallerID gets used.

I can set a different CID like you suggest above, but I don't know how
to get the inbound CID so I can set it correctly. Does anyone know if
there's a variable exposed to my extensions.conf so I can do something
like Set(CALLERID(num)=${VAR}) and set outbound callerID to that of
the calling party?

Thanks,

Russell