[asterisk-users] Switch to Multi-Proc -> Choppy sound?

Bill Binko bill.binko at mapshine.com
Mon Nov 19 21:40:49 CST 2007

>  Someone else can confirm this, if you have no telephony hardware
>  running the ztdummy is not needed, but there probably isn't any harm
>  from it.
>
>  You didn't mention which distro and what dual core AMD processors,
>  there are known issues from distros using  gcc 4.2 as well as issues
>  AMD 64-bit processors.
>
>   http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10226

Thanks for the tip, and I'll look at the bug.  Here's some version info:

Distro: CentOS 5
Kernel: 2.6.18-8.1.15.el5.centos.plus (I just switched to this to get
RTC support in /proc)
Hardware: Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2216
Server Chassis: Tyan GT24 http://tinyurl.com/2b5l3r

I was thinking that I was getting timing issues and that perhaps using
ztdummy (and timing_internal?) would help.

Bill