[asterisk-users] Pass CallerID when call forwards to PSTN?

Robert Lister robl at linx.net
Sat Nov 17 14:13:29 CST 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 06:18:33PM +0000, Russell Horn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Incoming calls to one of my lines are set to ring two internal lines
> and simultaneously start ringing my cell phone. Something like this:
>
> exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/2201&SIP/2202&IAX2/my_cell at carrier),90)
>
> The internal lines 2201 and 2202 will both see the callerID for the
> incoming call, but my cell phone will show the callerID for asterisk,
> not the calling party.
>
> What's the best solution to take the callerID from the inbound call
> and transfer it to the outbound one?

I think your carrier has to permit you to set callerID to something that is
not one of your numbers in the range you have been allocated.

Some carriers allow it, and others do not. (To prevent end-users from being
able to forge the caller ID to anything they want!)

I've never figured out if it's possible to get BT to do this for our ISDN
lines, I think I tried to get them to allow it, but I think they said we
have to have an OFCOM licence or something...