[asterisk-users] Changing audio message to text message

Robert Lister robl at linx.net
Sat Nov 17 13:59:32 CST 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 02:28:45PM +0100, Anthony Chapellier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know Asterisk is able to send a waiting message (audio) to people
> trying to call a busy user agent using a queue. However, I'd like to
> change this audio message to a text message to be able to print it on
> screen on the other end. Is it possible to configure Asterisk to have
> text message sent ?

You might need to clarify what you are trying to do.

When a call comes in for a particular queue, instead of playing an audio
message in-band at the caller "please hold the line...." you want to send
some sort of text message.... somewhere...

What sort of technology do you have in mind that you want to integrate?
SMS? URL messages to other IP handsets? CTI integration with a web browser?
pop-ups on user screens?

Rob

--
Robert Lister     - London Internet Exchange - http://www.linx.net/