[asterisk-users] Which files to be copied

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 09:24:07 CST 2007

Dear Alex;

Thanks for your help :) -

But here there will be a question: new installation
will write for which directories? In case I copied the
var/lib/asterisk and var/spool/asterisk then that
means I will use these data incase I need to come back
for my original version after the upgrade, correct?

About configuration files, they are only in /etc/ and
/etc/asterisk?

Regards
Bilal

If you want to be completely safe, copy everything
from
 /var/lib/asterisk,
/var/spool/asterisk, and /var/log/asterisk as well.

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, bilal ghayyad wrote:

> Hi List;
>
> I need to do upgrade for Asterisk and Zaptel, so
which
> directories or files need to be copied to keep my
> configuration? Is it only the /etc directory or
there