[asterisk-users] OT - best policy for logs

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Nov 15 12:55:30 CST 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 07:29:29PM +0100, Olivier wrote:
>    Which is the best way to manage logs ?
>    Would you centralize and "mix" logs from Linux, Asterisk, syslog and others
>    or keep them separate ?

In my experience, it's easier to combine them all into one syslog
server, and then utilize tools to filter them apart when necessary,
since there are more tools to do that than to *combine* them when that
is necessary, which it often is.

It probably makes it easier to leverage things like splunk, too.

Cheers,
-- jra