[asterisk-users] What is wrong with this mailing list

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Nov 13 23:52:41 CST 2007

Erik Anderson wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2007 11:21 PM, Mohammad Shokuie <shokuie at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone knows what is wrong with this mailing list its a while all my new posts appear as a reply (branch) for others post, is there any hints > i could prevent this issue??????
>
> I believe your posts are all showing up correctly for me.  That said,
> this sort of thing can happen frequently if, instead of composing a
> new email to the list, you hit "Reply" to an existing message and just
> change the subject line.

Which will screw up any threading people might be using in their e-mail
program, as well as screw up the threading in the list archives.  Doing
this is an act of desperation and should be discouraged.

Generally people that experience this problem either have overly
aggressive spam filters or they are sending from an address different
from the one the subscribed from.