[asterisk-users] Nortel digital FXO channel bank? Exists?

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Tue Nov 13 22:00:54 CST 2007

Quoting Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca>:

> We have a client with a Nortel PBX with digital phone sets.  Due to T1
> problems (old firmware), we are interested in trying a FXO channel bank.
>
> Is there a channel bank (or equivalent) which emulates Meridian digital
> phone sets?  In order words, an FXO channel bank that's Meridian digital?

I think the basic wireline signalling is isdn bri for that, but with
non-standard protocols.

ie the channel bank would talk to the ksu/pbx, but nothing but a
reverse of the same hardware would understand anything on the other
end of the t1.

ps - this sort of channel bank would be pricey at best, rediculous
probably in reality.

I would try other solutions before even attempting this sort of thing
since the odds of success are probably not too high.

> Thanks
> MD

Jon Pounder

    _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com