[asterisk-users] Call Forward on SIP unreachable (network failure)

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 18:14:39 CST 2007

${DIALSTATUS} will be one of:

   - *CHANUNAVAIL* : Channel unavailable (for example in sip.conf, when
   using qualify=, the SIP chan is unavailable)
   - *BUSY* : Returned busy
   - *NOANSWER* : No Answer (i.e SIP 480 or 604 response)
   - *ANSWER* : Call was answered
   - *CANCEL* : Call attempt cancelled (i.e user hung up before the call
   connected)
   - *DONTCALL* : Privacy manager don't call
   - *TORTURE* : Privacy manager torture menu
   - *CONGESTION* : Means Congestion, or anything else (some other error
   setting up the call)

Did you test CHANUNAVAIL or CONGESTION ?
Debug DIALSTATUS var for this case using Noop application in dialplan.

On Nov 13, 2007 8:51 PM, Antoine Megalla <aatef at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to implement call forwarding on the event
> that my ATA was not
> reachable to Asterisk, whether due to registration
> timeout, network
> interruptions between the ATA and Asterisk, or simply
> because the network on
> which the ATA resides in unreachable for any reason.
>
> I there a way of implementing such a feature in
> Asterisk?
>
> I have implemented CF unconditional, and CF on busy,
> CF on unavailable (ring
> but no answer) not nothing about CF on (SIP)
> unreachable.
>
> Thank you and best regards,
>
> Antoine Megalla.

Esta mensagem (incluindo quaisquer anexos) pode conter informação
confidencial para uso exclusivo do destinatário. Se não for o destinatário
pretendido, não deverá usar, distribuir ou copiar este e-mail. Se recebeu
esta mensagem por engano, por favor informe o emissor e elimine-a
imediatamente. Obrigado.

This e-mail message is intended only for individual(s) to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
proprietary, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
you believe you have received this message in error, please advise the
sender by return e-mail and delete it from your mailbox. Thank you.