[asterisk-users] What do you do to keep asterisk alive?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 05:36:13 CST 2007

In article <fgs48u$sd4$1 at saturn.local.net>,
Per Jessen <per at computer.org> wrote:
> I've asterisk stop (presumably segfaulting) a couple of times, and I wasjust beginning to
> look at how to keep it running - what have othersdone?
> I was thinking of wrapping a script around asterisk like this:
> while 1do  asterisk -fdone

Have a look at the safe_asterisk script, which should automatically be
in /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk. It does this automatically, including emailing
a notification (if you set the NOTIFY variable).

Check the script's invocation of asterisk and make sure it includes the -f
option. This in included in 1.2.19 onwards and 1.4.5 onwards.
See http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9121 for details if needed.

Cheers
Tony
--