[asterisk-users] Telus (Alberta) PRI Caller ID NAME, Display IE, Facility ID

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 16:01:07 CST 2007

On 11/6/07, Stephen Bosch <posting at vodacomm.ca> wrote:

> > It survives if it goes to a Telus customer, but not if it crosses over
> > to Bell, Rogers, etc.
>
> Well -- here's where you can help me, because our name info is not even
> surviving on Telus' own network. I don't really care too much about Bell
> and Rogers, since Bell barely has a footprint out here and Rogers
> doesn't provide CNAM on its mobile network anyway (and nobody is using
> Rogers home phone ;) ).
>
> So -- if you had it working on Telus, what did you do?

As soon as I turned on facilityenable=yes, outbound name display started to
work for me.

> One tech claimed it was because I was sending calling name in addition
> > to the IE,
>
> He probably meant the Display IE *and* the Facility IE. If you see my
> post it's what the technician I was working with suggested. Would be
> great if I knew a way of turning off the Display IE, if that's even
> possible/allowed. If it's not, then the "don't send both" idea is wrong.

Probably correct, as that's what I'm sending now:

> [1c 15 9f 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 6f 6d 77 61 76 65]
> Facility (len=23, codeset=0) [ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 'Namehere']
> [00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00]
> Display (len= 8) Charset: 31 [ Namehere ]

I just checked dialing out of and back into my system, and the Facility IE
comes back in the SETUP message, but the Display IE does not.

Did you end up adding name records to the LIDB?

For our purposes name display was a nice to have, so we didn't go down this
path.

Anyway -- again -- what did you do to get it working on Telus' network?
> Do you know what kind of switch you were connected to?

To the best of my knowledge, we're connected to a 5ESS running NI-2.

Here's the relevant zapata bits I use:

facilityenable = yes
pridialplan=unknown
priindication=outofband