[asterisk-users] Asterisk & OpenVZ

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Nov 6 04:13:18 CST 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 08:10:33PM -0600, JR Richardson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've got debian (etch), openvz and asterisk up and running using the
> openvz wiki guides.  The examples use `apt-get install asterisk` and
> this will install 1.2.13.  Has anyone gotten an VPS to compile the
> latest versions from source?
>
> Also, I'm unsure how the zaptel modules come into play, could use some
> guidance there as well.

I don't know about openvz, but from my experince with vserver (which is
supported rather well and painlessly in Debian, with vanilla kernels)
zaptel should basically be a matter of: m-a a-i zaptel .

One gotcha is the generation of the /dev/zap files. If possible,
generate static ones by the host and avoid udev at all. Alternatively,
your vserver may need device files generation capabilities (which is
naturally not that secure, as it allows access to disks).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com