[asterisk-users] OT: Snom 300 losing config?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 08:10:37 CDT 2007

Hi,
I've had a Snom 300 connected to my Asterisk box at home for 12 months
or so now. Recently it lost all its settings and I had to reconfigure
it via the built in website.
For a few weeks it was fine. Couple of days ago it lost its settings again.
I logged in to its web server and thought I would upgrade the
firmware. It seems to be running an old version:

Phone Type:	snom300-SIP
MAC-Address:	00041325244C
IP-Address:	192.168.1.254
Application-Version:	snom300-SIP 6.0.3
Rootfs-Version:	snom300 jffs2 v3.36
Firmware-URL:
Production Information:	Mac:00041325244C;Version:Standard;Hardware:snom300
(MB V3.2_A11);Date: 04.04.06;Copyright(C) snom technology AG

I put in the URL to point at the correct .bin file as detailed on the
SNOM website.
However it does not seem to accept the firmware? It reboots as
expected but just shows the same firmware?

Anybody else seen this problem?

Thanks
Mike