[asterisk-users] Off-Topic: add GSM codec to X-Lite

Alejandro Cabrera Obed acabrera at sintys.gov.ar
Fri Nov 2 14:05:44 CDT 2007

SIP wrote:
> Alejandro Cabrera Obed wrote:
>> Dear all, sorry for the Off-Topic but I have an Astreisk 14 voip server
>> connected to Twinkle and X-Lite clients. I have to use the GSM codec for
>> all of my clients, and it was set up in the sip.conf specifically in
>> "allow=gsm" line.
>>
>> Twinkle has GSM codec built in, but when I open X-Lite audio codecs
>> settings I can't see the GSM codec, being that the official web site and
>> the PDF manual  of X-Lite 3.0 say it has GSM builtin support.
>>
>> Do you know what's the matter with X-Lite and GSM ??? Can I add it ???
>>
>> Really thanks
>>
>> Alejandro

> It lists GSM on my audio codec settings. Perhaps there's something
> wrong with your install? Try disabling the Zero Touch bandwidth
> detection. It has, in the past, interfered with my selection of codecs.
>
> N.
Thanks for your support...I've uninstalled my X-Lite 3.0 softphone and
after that I've downloaded the X-Lite 3.0 again from the official web
site. But when I go to audio codecs settings, the GSM codec is not
present. I disable the "zero touch bandwith detection" and restart the
softphone, but the GSM codec is not present at all.

Any idea ???

Thanks