[asterisk-users] Help: How does one determine the length of an outbound/dialout MESSAGE to be delivered

Costa Dinoteli javmob at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 17:41:34 CDT 2007

Hi,

We created a dial plan which performs and outbound dial out and
deliveres a message to a receipient
What call method/option in extensions or anywhere allow us to
determine the length of the message.
IE, what if a 3 minute message is attempted to be delivered and
45seconds into the call drops or is terminated by the end user.
I need to know that the entire message was/was not delivered.

What I'm looking for is a variable that can be
used in the exten file to determine call length of the
completed call.

Thanks in advance,
-C