[asterisk-users] SER/OpenSER as registrar to Asterisk (1500 SIP users)

satish patel satish_patel_2000_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 08:56:11 CDT 2007

You can use freeswitch for this kind of setup its working on asterisk technology

asterisk + SER intergration URL

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Realtime+Integration+Of+Asterisk+With+OpenSER

Antoine Megalla <aatef at rocketmail.com> wrote:      Hi,

I have a client who requires an  Asterisk system with 1500 SIP clients.All clients will have ATAs (mostly  Grandstream), so I think a single Asterisk server will not be able to handle all  1500 registrations, plus
typical applications like Voicemail, call  forwarding, etc.. and the billing needs for all the clients.

I have  searched all over, and it seems that the perfect solution is using SER/OpenSER  as registration server for the SIP clients, and then use Asterisk (one or more  servers in load balancing mode) for everything else.

The problem is that  I cannot find any configuration files for such a setup. I can do all the  Asterisk configuration, dial plan, AGIs, apps, etc.. but for SER/OpenSER I  cannot find anything.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction,  provide me with OpenSER configuration, or any pointers on the subject. I tried  to read all the material on how to write configuration files for OpenSER, but it  is incomprehensible to me, and it is much harder that when I learning Asterisk 3  years ago.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Antoine  Megalla.

----PGP Signature--