[asterisk-users] SER/OpenSER as registrar to Asterisk (1500 SIP users)

Antoine Megalla aatef at rocketmail.com
Thu Nov 1 07:41:36 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have a client who requires an Asterisk system with 1500 SIP clients.All clients will have ATAs (mostly Grandstream), so I think a single Asterisk server will not be able to handle all 1500 registrations, plus
typical applications like Voicemail, call forwarding, etc.. and the billing needs for all the clients.

I have searched all over, and it seems that the perfect solution is using SER/OpenSER as registration server for the SIP clients, and then use Asterisk (one or more servers in load balancing mode) for everything else.

The problem is that I cannot find any configuration files for such a setup. I can do all the Asterisk configuration, dial plan, AGIs, apps, etc.. but for SER/OpenSER I cannot find anything.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction, provide me with OpenSER configuration, or any pointers on the subject. I tried to read all the material on how to write configuration files for OpenSER, but it is incomprehensible to me, and it is much harder that when I learning Asterisk 3 years ago.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Antoine Megalla.

http://mail.yahoo.com