[asterisk-users] Context documentation for the newbie!

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Thu May 31 07:37:13 MST 2007

On 5/31/07, BSumrall <Brads at ftnco.com> wrote:
> First off, I wanted to thank you for referring me to the O'Reily pdf.

I'm glad you found it useful.

> Almost every example on voip-info.org and O'Reily assume you are using an
> FXO or FXS card.

Yes, we wrote the first edition of the O'Reilly book when the easiest
way to get up and running with Asterisk was to use analog phones.
It's amazing how quickly thta's changed.  The second edition of the
book will be out shortly, and has a lot more information on how to
setup SIP and IAX devices to talk to Asterisk.

-Jared