[asterisk-users] False ring problem

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Thu May 31 00:55:53 MST 2007

I didnt get your point Ricardo. acording to your diagram carrier sends ring
signal to asterisk and asterisk then sends ring signal to us in order to
produce the ringback, and then there should be no problem. but i think my
phone starts receiving a ringback tone before it receives a ringback tone
signal. and when finally it receives a ringback tone signal, it generates
that tone again.

ALL OF THE ABOVE SAYING IS BASED ON MY BEST GUESS. i dont know how to see
what actually is happening/

On 5/30/07, Ricardo Martins <rpoppi77 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  No. First the carrier and then the asterisk to the user. Look at the
> diagram:
>

> First: Carrier ------Ring-------> Asterisk
>
> Then: Asterisk--------Ring---------> User
>

> Rgds, Ricardo.
>

> Rizwan Hisham escreveu:
>
> Do you mean to say that -- first the carrier sends the msg to us to ring
> and then the end user sends the msg to ring?
>
> On 5/30/07, Ricardo Martins < rpoppi77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > It seems that the ring issue is on the CARRIER-OUT signaling. It's
> > sending you a SIP-Ring-Message and your asterisk-box is sending it to the
> > callee. The second green line ".....is ringing" apears jut because your box
> > received a ring signal from the CARRIER-OUT. Got the point?
> >
> > I don't know what the "left from hold" means but seems to be related to
> > the situation when we push the "flash" button on the phone to put "on hold"
> > and flash again to put "out of hold". But I'm realy not sure about it.
> >
> > Rgds, Ricardo Martins
> >

> > Rizwan Hisham escreveu:
> >
> > Here is my CLI output:
> >
> > Called 17142545587 at CARRIER-OUT
> >     -- SIP/CARRIER-OUT-007d0310 is ringing
> >     -- Call on SIP/CARRIER-OUT-007d0310 left from hold
> >     -- SIP/CARRIER-007d0310 is making progress passing it to
> > SIP/pepsi-00f267e0
> > i clearly notice that when the first orange cli msg appears then the
> > actual ringing starts. like this tone -- tone -- totone -- tone, and if the
> > callee is busy then tone -- tone -- tobeep beep .
> >
> > does anyone know what this means: -- Call on SIP/CARRIER-OUT-007d0310
> > left from hold
> >
> > On 5/30/07, Rizwan Hisham < rizwanhasham at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Maybe its a bug in asterisk 1.4.2

> > > --