[asterisk-users] False ring problem

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Thu May 31 00:49:22 MST 2007

Nobody is using r option anywhere in my dialplan, thats 4 sure. And im also
not using any PSTN line to connect to outside world. my system is based on
voip only.

SIP PHONE<---------->ASTERISK<---------->CARRIER-OUT

No GUI is involved. i edit the conf files myself.

On 5/31/07, Eric ManxPower Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:

> Rizwan Hisham wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > when a user dials any number, asterisk automatically generates ringing
> > which
> > caller can hear, and after 2 - 3 rings asterisk detects that the called
> > user
> > is busy, then caller hears busy tone. for example user hears---
> > tone--tone--tobeep beep beep ---Can i some how eliminate the false
> ringing
> > at the start so that user hears only beep beep beep if the called user
> is
> > busy. I have used the R and r options in Dial application but they dont
> > work.
>
> Remove the "r" option from Dial.
>
> I assume you have the following:
>
> SIP Phone <-> Asterisk w/FXO card <-> POTS line
>
> If you are using AMP or any other GUI for Asterisk, then my advice is
> not valid, since those GUIs take over everything, hide the important
> stuff, and add options to Dial that you never see.

Rizwan Hisham
Software Engineer
AXVOICE Inc.