[asterisk-users] *End Of Life ASTERISK 1.2.X Was: INSTRUCTIONSFOR THE ASTERISK COMMUNITY - PLEASEREAD NOW *

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue May 29 18:18:05 MST 2007

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>>> Fair indeed.  I would guess that a completely stable 1.2 w/ security
>>> maintenance is acceptable to the majority of users.  Those folks still
>>> using 1.0.x certainly aren't clamoring for new features!  The great many
>> Except that for some users 1.2.18 is NOT stable.  I've had to roll back
>> to 1.2.15 on my production servers in order to prevent core dumps at
>> least once per day.  No, I am not willing to turn my production servers
>> into testing servers to solve this.  Doing so would make me a "former
>> consultant" for these customers.
>
> So basically what you're saying is that some efforts should be
> concentrated on 1.2 as well.
>
> So let's start with your specific problems. Are there open bugs for them?

My specific problem is that Asterisk 1.2.17 and 1.2.18 (I've not tried
1.2.16) core dumps at least once per day.  1.2.15 works just fine for
me.  I don't know if there are open bugs.  I've not opened any bugs.
Any time I open a bug for a problem I have on a production server, all
people want me to do is test patches to see if they fix the issue.  They
don't seem to understand the term "production server".

Sorry, but this is my JOB, not my hobby.  Perhaps the customers of the
developers don't care if the PBX crashes once per day, but my customers
do care and I will do whatever is required to make them stop yelling at
me.  What made them stop yelling at me is moving back to 1.2.15.