[asterisk-users] Octasic echo cancellation

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Mon May 28 12:32:56 MST 2007

Hi Sebastien,

I'm just a lowly user but I will tell you what I think I understand about
it.

There is nothing in the Octasic documentation that suggests you can have
continuosly updated statistics but I agree that would be a nice to have
feature.  Have you tried contacting Octasic about that?

You can set the ERL and tail length in the octveqd.conf file which you need
to manually copy into the /etc/ directory as per the Octasic documentation
and octveqd.conf file included with softecho.  By default they are set to
9db and 64ms respectively.

It is my understanding EC takes place AFTER the tx/rx gain as part of the
Zaptel driver function.  Therefore your tx/rx gain WILL have an effect on
it's operation and (I think) the ERL values.

If your using Digium cards you should run fxotune and set your gains.  With
Sangoma cards you only need to set your gains.  If that is all set up ok
softecho should get rid of all your echo.   If not I would suggest you try
increase the tail length to 128ms in octveqd.conf.  I don't think you should
need to change any of the other settings.