[asterisk-users] Octasic echo cancellation

Sebastien Leclere sleclere at wirelessmundi.com
Mon May 28 10:33:58 MST 2007

Hi,

I'm currently testing SoftEcho, an echo cancellation software for
Asterisk from Octasic. I noticed an important increase of the quality of
my coms, but I still have a few echo problems.

There is an ERL parameter which corresponds to an initial ERL value
probably to optimize the echo training or something in that kind.

Is there a way to monitor, using one of the zttools, the instant ERL
value, to be able to set this parameter correctly?

In that purpose, I would like to know where do the echo cancellation
take place in the communication chain, is it after or before the
amplification  by the Rx/Tx gain parameters? Will this gain apply on the
echo cancelled signal or on the gross signal?

Anybody with experience on this product could give me some advice in the
aim of removing all trace of echo?

Thanks by advance

Sebastien