[asterisk-users] TDM bus extension.

William Moore nyphbl8d at gmail.com
Fri May 25 14:24:44 MST 2007

On 5/25/07, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> In reference to an old post from 2002:
>
> http://www.marko.net/asterisk/archives/0203/0103.html
>
> How does one go about doing this?
I think what mark was referring to there is dynamic spans.  They
actually work over a standard ethernet network.  They are configured
in zaptel.conf and zapata.conf just like any other zaptel device.

> Also, what is the present status of the OpenSS7 stack in Asterisk?  What
> can it do now?
The SS7 stack in asterisk is still under development.  Any comments mattf?

> And is there any possibility in the future of developing a DS3 card
> for it, if only for the purpose of mostly DACSing?  Which is still a level
> of intelligent call control on the TDM bus that is highly in demand for
> VoIP applications that require PSTN interconnection.
This is probably a question for Digium's marketing/sales team.