[asterisk-users] Queue help: Extending RRMEMORY strategy to use penalty

Chris Hardie chris at summersault.com
Fri May 25 13:14:11 MST 2007

Hi, all.  I'm checking in about an issue that has been mentioned here a
few times, but to which I can't seem to find a solution for a very
present need.

The summary is that we'd like to have a queue that rings logged-in
agents in the same order every time, based on penalty, in a way that
continuously escalates the attempts to the next penalty level until all
agents have been tried.  It's for a group of folks who are doing tech
support together, but some of them only want to be bothered if the
others don't pickup first.

It seems like something that *should* be easy to do, but so far I've yet
to figure out how.  The issue is described/mentioned a few different
ways here:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9165&nbn=6

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2006-November/024515.html

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+queues.conf
(in the comment about "circular call distribution")

My queries on the IRC channel so far have been met with responses like
"you can do this in the dial plan" and "just use multiple queues," but
I'm confused enough about it to be unsure of how to implement either
approach completely or elegantly.

Is it as simple as needing to get the above bug report to move along to
add this as a new feature, or are other folks already doing this somehow?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Chris

--
http://www.chrishardie.com/