[asterisk-users] Conference room as Music on Hold

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Thu May 24 13:46:15 MST 2007

Here is what I am trying to do.  I have a SIP soft phone running on a PC
that is streaming a local radio station.  I assigned "mono out" in XP
Equalizer as the mic so now I have the softphone streaming audio.  I then
create a conference room and dial that room from the softphone.  Now anyone
who joins the conference room hears the streaming audio.

How can I configure Asterisk so that when musiconhold is invoked it
automatically joins that conference room?

The reason I want to do this is because the radio station uses windows media
and I haven't been able to get it to work directly on Asterisk.  Even after
following the mplayer instructions on the Asterisk wiki.