[asterisk-users] Basic connection between Mitel 3300 ICP and Asterisk (trixbox) - from a clueless newbie....

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Thu May 24 11:23:01 MST 2007

Hi all,

Our company has deployed a Mitel 3300 system (only about 2.5 years ago)
and we are experimenting with setting up Asterisk in our head office
(for business continuity, ie we have a bird flu epidemic and no-one can
come in, therefore use SIP softphones at home to co-ordinate activity)
and at a remote site in the Isle of Man (connected via 2Mbps SDSL)

Ideally we'd like anyone on either Asterisk servers (IOM and London) to
be able to dial anyone internally on the Mitel 3300 and vice-versa. We
have got *one* SIP license so far for the Mitel for testing purposes.

I am a bit crap on telephony, but as I have gathered so far we should be
able to connect the two systems via either QSIG (with an appropriate
card on the Asterisk server), DPNSS (which I'm not sure if any Asterisk
compatible hardware supports) or SIP (I'm happy setting up clients, but
have no clue with inter-PBX stuff).

I don't really care about any special features as long as the Mitel
numbers can call SIP users in London or IOM and the other way round.

I am planning to get at least 1 BRI pulled into the IOM office for PSTN
access, btw.

Any help you can offer would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Alex