[asterisk-users] WiFi SIP phones

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Thu May 24 00:22:53 MST 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 24.05.2007, 08:23 +0300 schrieb Cosmin Prund:
> [...]

For ISDN DECT phones (like the Siemens Gigaset S100isdn), there is very
well the option to reject a call. Mine displays "reject" on the left
button and "stop ringing" on the right button. Pressing "reject" will
immediately give busy to the opposite side.

So: No, it is not a DECT limitation, but handsets that are made for
analog base stations probably do not have that button, and it might be a
Siemens propriatory addition.

BTW I use that DECT phone behind a Fritz!Box, which serves as ISDN ATA
on my *, and pressing "reject" yields

    -- Executing Dial("...") in new stack
    -- Called sip501
    -- SIP/sip501-08459061 is ringing
[...]
    -- Got SIP response 486 "Busy Here" back from 80.136.199.41
    -- SIP/sip501-08459061 is busy

BR
Anselm