[asterisk-users] stream file not working but get data and exec background work

Patrick Fortin gestion at royaume.com
Wed May 23 11:48:55 MST 2007

Hi

I have a strange problem.

I use the agi command stream file for my vertical services like *98

If the call comes from a sip phone with dtmfmode=inband in sip.conf then it
works.

But if I call the same script from an external line the stream file doesn't
work properly

The audio is played but the digits are not captured.

I tested with get data and it works
I tested with exec background and it works

The calls from the exterior use RFC2833. If I use inband, none of the 3 work.

Why would stream file behave like this

Here is the setup

Pri SIP Gateway(Patton) - Asterisk (ztdummy) - SIP Phone

Thanks

Patrick