[asterisk-users] FXS + Pots Extensions Help

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Wed May 23 06:57:15 MST 2007

> Rob  Schall wrote:
> My understanding with DIDs (and its limited), is they have
> to belong to a PRI.

DID can be delivered over a PRI, a channelized T1 or over analog trunks.

If you use the analog route method, you can get any number of trunks.

> The only way that is cheaper than a few pots lines is if
> you needed 8 or more pots lines. Then the line fees balance out.
>
> I was hoping for a solution more along the lines of.... Use this "x"
> variable that contains what ZAP channel it came in on, then I can
> program that one to point to a particular person.

If you are only really interested in distinguishing which pots line the
call came in on and want to make decisions based on that then you will
just put each line in a different context in zapata.conf. Then your dial
plan will dial phone1 for context1, phone2 for context2 and so on.

Don Pobanz