[asterisk-users] WiFi SIP phones

Dominik Zalewski dzalewski at open-craft.com
Wed May 23 03:25:30 MST 2007

On Wednesday 23 May 2007 01:01:53 pm Chris Bagnall wrote:
> Greetings list,
>
> What are people's experiences with WiFi SIP phones?
>
> When I last looked into them about 18 months ago, they were incredibly
> expensive, had very limited range and poor battery life. In the end, it
> worked out much more cost effective to simply use ATAs + DECT cordless
> phones where there was a requirement for portable devices.
>
> I assume things must have moved on somewhat since then. What models are
> currently out there people would recommend I look at?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

I'm using D-Link DPH-541 (g729) with asterisk 1.2.x without any problems.
Battery life is poor but the range is acceptable.

I tried also Zyxel WiFi SIP phone but I wasn't able to register to my pbx. It
restarts everytime. Probably a firmware problem or something.

Dominik Zalewski | System Administrator
OpenCraft
t- +2 02 336 0003
w- http://www.open-craft.com