[asterisk-users] FXS + Pots Extensions Help

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue May 22 21:50:17 MST 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Sean M. Pappalardo said something to this effect:

> Sure, it's called a DID trunk. It's basically just a regular analog phone
> line but the CO switch sends down the digits dialed in one of a few ways:
> Dial pulse (DP), Multi-freq (MF), Dual-tone multi-frequency (DTMF). They
> are usually inbound-only, but some CO's can add outbound service too if
> needed.

   Sean, I am curious--what do these look like these days?  Are they
ordinary T1s?  CAS/robbed-bit?  Do these just use the signaling portions
associated with each channel to deliver the winks, and do the channels
correspond to the appropriate timeslots on the voice trunk?  How does
this work?

--
Alex Balashov   <sasha at presidium.org>