[asterisk-users] Zaptel hangs machine...

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Tue May 22 15:18:43 MST 2007

Jim Suber wrote:
> I'm fairly certain that zaptel is not a service.
> You might try "service asterisk stop"
> I 'm running CentOS 4.4 as well. The only problem I'm having is sometimes
> the extensions don't ring even though the caller hears a ring tone.
> I'm thinking maybe it's the fact that I got 5 people on one little
> DSL connection around here. Downloading, playing music etc.
> If you have any suggestions for me let me know.

zaptel is a service if you added it as one, and you should have.
To make it be a service in centos from the src dir of zaptel do:

cp zaptel.init /etc/init.d/zaptel
chmod 755 /etc/init.d/zaptel
make install-udev
echo TELEPHONY=yes > /etc/sysconfig/zaptel
TELEPHONY=yes
chkconfig --add zaptel
service zaptel start

this runs modprobe, ztcfg and all of that for you.