[asterisk-users] Asterisk on OpenSuSE 10.2

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Sat May 19 16:53:26 MST 2007

Malcom:

Great to know there are more loyal SuSE users like myself!

After you install your kernel source have you tried:

# cd /usr/src/linux
# make cloneconfig
# make prepare-all

The problem is SuSE does not provide the kernel headers, you need to
create them yourself.

Of course this assumes that you have read the documentation with care
and have all the required packages. I have been using 10.1 + Asterisk
1.2 for quite a while now and have not had any problems. I have used
10.2 but not on production servers yet. If you find packages that
aren't in the factory distribution then check out the Packman
repository, although under 1.2.x there aren't any dependencies that
fall under that category -- I'd avoid using anything but the factory
and update repositories on a production system unless you absolutely
have to.