[asterisk-users] RE: DUNDi configuration problem

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Sat May 19 09:35:44 MST 2007

> Thank you for the quick response. Do I need to create a route to the
> other machine? like a trunk?

On the SIP side of things, yes, you can create a SIP trunk for each
server-to-server relationship, or you can just send the sip call to the
default context and use a goto statement to get the call into the correct
context in extensions.conf.  I've found this easier than creating dedicated
SIP trunks to each machine, and as long as you have dedicated extensions in
the default context, no extension matching, then it is relatively secure.
Security with DUNDi and IAX is embedded, security with DUNDi and SIP is a
bit trickier.  Use IAX where possible and SIP only when necessary.

JR