[asterisk-users] asterisk manager interface stability

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Fri May 18 15:46:11 MST 2007

On 5/18/07, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:

> [...]

It is inefficient, but it is non-blocking which the AMI is not. having
a separate listen and separate send processes removes the problems
with AMI locking up on high volume Asterisk systems.

> Basically if I have 100 end user clients that needed real time
> interaction with astproxy are you saying that each client would need to
> poll once per second (eg 100 polls per second) in order to see if
> something happened that second that was relevant to them?)

Not a problem for MySQL, that's what it does best. The astguiclient
application can do 20+ queries per second per client depending on the
application. I currently have one company with over 200 client
applications(AJAX) sending 3000-4000 queries per second to the MySQL
server, and it handles it just fine. On the client side, the load is
not very high either, even on a PIII 700MHz machine.

MATT---