[asterisk-users] Outside lines are *STILL* just not happening...

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Thu May 17 08:00:10 MST 2007

Hi David -

> Sometimes (about half the time) the phone I'm calling (in this case, a
> cell) will give part of one ring, then report a missed call.  The SIP
> phone hangs up after about 5 seconds.  But not always.  The rest of the
> time, the SIP phone just eventually (15 or 20 secs) hangs up on its'
> own, and the cell never reports a missed call.

Have you tried using a regular analog phone on the PSTN lines (without
using asterisk at all)?  If you're getting partial connections that
are failing, it could be a line quality issue.  For testing, you might
also try turning off as many options as possible in zapata.conf
(particularly the echo cancel).

- Noah