[asterisk-users] Outside lines are *STILL* just not happening...

Wireless wireless at svw.org.uk
Wed May 16 09:15:47 MST 2007

in zaptel.conf use fxsks

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. David Bavousett" <davidb at alc.org>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 3:59 PM
Subject: [asterisk-users] Outside lines are *STILL* just not happening...

>From yesterday:

-----Original Message-----

Here's the configuration...my Asterisk box has a TDM844B in it; port 1-4
are FXS, 5-8 FXOs.

Here are the config files:

/etc/zaptel.conf:
--------
fxoks=1
fxoks=2
fxoks=3
fxoks=4
fxsks=5
fxsks=6
fxsks=7
fxsks=8

loadzone        = us
defaultzone     = us
--------
/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:
--------
[channels]
language=en
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
threewaycalling=no
transfer=no
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
canpark=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

context=internal
signalling=fxo_ks
channel => 1-4

context=external
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 5-8
--------

A snippet from /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf:
--------
[internal]
ignorepat => 9
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/5/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _9NXXXXXX,2,Congestion()
exten => _9NXXXXXX,102,Congestion()
--------

The SIP phone is also in the internal context, and other things below
that in the context work just fine on the internal network.

Problem B:  Dialing out.  From the SIP phone, if I dial out, here's the
transcript:

    -- Executing Dial("SIP/102-081854e0", "Zap/5/6653674") in new stack
    -- Called 5/6653674
    -- Zap/5-1 answered SIP/102-081854e0
    -- Hungup 'Zap/5-1'
  == Spawn extension (internal, 96653674, 1) exited non-zero on
'SIP/102-081854e0'

Sometimes (about half the time) the phone I'm calling (in this case, a
cell) will give part of one ring, then report a missed call.  The SIP
phone hangs up after about 5 seconds.  But not always.  The rest of the
time, the SIP phone just eventually (15 or 20 secs) hangs up on its'
own, and the cell never reports a missed call.

I know this has been long, and wordy...hope someone can help.  We're
newbs around here, and trying to get things working.  My boss is *very*
impressed with the menus and such I've got set up and working, and we've
used soft phones via VPN and it works great...now we just need our
outside lines working!

Thanks a million!

J. David Bavousett
System Administrator
Abilene Library Consortium

One other symptom:  I never, ever hear any ringing on the SIP phone
while it's dialing out.  No indication is ever given that it's ringing
on the other end.

Can *anyone* shed some light on this?

--David

dangerous content by ESVA, and is