[asterisk-users] Anyone Installed a Digium TE110P or TE120P card in Canada?

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Thu May 17 06:11:25 MST 2007

Quoting "Klaverstyn, David C" <David.Klaverstyn at intergraph.com>:

> The Telco in Canada is been real painful.  I was wondering if anyone has
> installed a Digium TE1X0P card in Canada and if their Telco was so
> difficult.

which telco have you been dealing with ? I have had Telus service over
Bell Canada lines for T1 and connected them to a linux box with an lmc
card in it and other than Telus being shocked when their end was
configured wrong after a long install process, no one really cared
what I had on my end, other than they were convinced I had things
setup wrong.

my experience is they come in, slap their pairgain hdsl modem on the
line, run some tests at the t1 port on it themselves and leave. What
you plug in after that is up to you, just like a regular phone jack.
Just don't call them unless the problem is on their side of things or
you get a bill.

> The Telco will not provide us a service until they see a FCC or DOC
> number for the equipment ware are connecting to their service.
>

> If have found "FCC Part 68, ANSI/ITA-968-A, Including Amendment A1 and
> A2 Industry Canada CS-03" thanks to Nabeel a forum users.
>

> I now need to know if the statement above is what I need to tell the
> Telco.
>

> As I am not in Canada this make it a bit difficult for me.
>

> Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jon Pounder

    _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com