[asterisk-users] zaptel huge irq problem

François Delawarde fdelawarde at wirelessmundi.com
Thu May 17 02:04:06 MST 2007

I don't really know of other virtualization technology other than Xen,
and I thank you for guiding me through this, but I have a few doubts
related to the choice of a virtualization technology in a host with
Asterisk:

- Isn't the fact that KVM is now included in the mainstream Linux kernel
as of 2.6.20 a certain type of 'proof' that it could be stable enough
compared to others (of course there could be licensing or other
political/friendship issues)?

- Even if the virtual guests aren't totally stable and 100% reliable
yet, wouldn't the use of KVM be better with Zaptel compatible cards than
Xen, in architecture point of vue, as it is only a kernel module that
-as far as I know- don't appear to be changing fundamental issues like
IRQ handling or I/O scheduling in the kernel, and from the fact that
virtual machines are treated like simple processes?

François.