[asterisk-users] IAX certificate-based authentication

Kai-Uwe Jensen kujensen at gmail.com
Wed May 16 20:39:20 MST 2007

Howdy!

I'm still trying to make it onto the 1.4 releases. Almost ready to
make the switch, but here's one last thing that doesn't seem to work:

Server A calls Server B over IAX, i.e "Dial(IAX2/SrvB/${EXTEN},60)".
Both machines are set up in iax.conf to use RSA certificate-based
authentication. The public keys have been exchanged. This setup works
just fine as long as Server B is running a 1.2.x release of asterisk.
When I upgrade Server B to 1.4.4 (also had it happen on earlier 1.4.x
releases), the call does not succeed. Ultimately, Server A will Hangup
the call (based on my dialplan), as the authentication between the
servers does not succeed.

While this is going on, on Server B I can see (with IAX debugging
turned on) that B replies with multiple AUTHREQ requests to A. A does
not seem to see them, but issues IAX "NEW" packets as well as "LAGRQ"
packets. (It doesn't matter though what asterisk version is running on
A, 1.2.x or 1.4.x)

Does anyone have an RSA authenticated setup working with a 1.4.x based
asterisk server receiving calls just fine? Am I missing something here
before I try the bug route?

Thanks!
-- kuj