[asterisk-users] SIP Hardware Phone

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Wed May 16 13:02:41 MST 2007

> I am looking for hardware sip phone with very good sound quality. Can anyone
> recommend ?
> I use to have Grandstream Budge-Tone 100 but I feel that the sound is not
> very
> satisfactory and volume too soft

I'm not surprised you found the Grandstream lacking. We've had good results with the following (in ascending price order, as per prices in the UK):
Elmeg IP290 (almost identical to the old Snom 190)
Linksys SPA942
Aastra 57i
Linksys SPA962
Cisco 7960/7970

My personal favourite is the Linksys SPA962 - great colour screen with a good resolution, bright backlit display, solid handset feel and good sound quality. It's displaced my Cisco 7960 on my desk as the phone I reach for when I want to make a call.

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it/chris.html