[asterisk-users] GSM Cards for Asterisk (UK)

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed May 16 07:17:28 MST 2007

On Wed, 16 May 2007, Matt Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently building a 1.4.4 Asterisk box for a client and they are
> interested in GSM functionality.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with a GSM card, preferably Quad Span (4 GSM
> modules or higher) for use in the UK. I have seen the Junghanns* version but
> I am not keen on the limitation of having to use a BriStuffed version of
> Asterisk.

The only thing I've used is a GSM phone terminal - they are designed for
use in remote areas - box with antennae and  a phone socket on it. You
plug in an analogue phone and off you go - I've used them in asterisk
boxes on analogue cards and they work OK - nothing special. ~£150. I never
got incoming callerId to work... (claimed to be bell compatable - from a
UK built unit too!!!) Probably not what you want if you're looking for 4+
though!

Theres this:

http://www.2n.cz/products/gsm_gateways/voip_gsm_gateway/voiceblue_voip_gsm_gateway.html

I've also seen a PCI card which can take 4 SIMs, from an Italian company I
think.

when I made enquiries about these some months back I reckoned them being
in the £1400 range...

Gordon