[asterisk-users] function_db_read: DB requires an argument, DB(<family>/<key>)

Derek Whitten derek at kfuq.net
Wed May 16 06:02:17 MST 2007

Per Jessen wrote:
> Lee Jenkins wrote:
>
>>> OK, so I tried this:
>>>
>>> exten = _X.,1,Noop(CallerId is ${CALLERID(all)})
>>> exten = _X.,n,Noop(blurp)
>>> exten = _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${DB(cidname/${CALLERID(num)})})
>>>
>>> This now appears to execute the first Noop(), skip the second, and
>>> then issue the no argument warning on the Set() call.
>>>
>> Try an Answer() first?
>
> OK, tried that, didn't change anything.
>
> What I still don't get is - why does reloading the app_queue module fix
> this problem?  The app_queue issue is another one, but I just can't see
> how it would influence the workings of the DB() function.
>

> /Per Jessen, Zürich

pulls cid off the line
Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(name)})

pulls cidname (cid rewriting from astdb)
Set(CALLERID(name)=${DB(cidname/${CALLERID(num)})})

pulls cidnum
Set(CALLERID(num)=${CALLERID(num)})

you could try reordering the dialplan so it's  _X,1 _X,2 _X,3 instead of _X,1 _X,n _X,n as
well